We’ve established a translational foundation to build an innovative, differentiated portfolio.
Our distinct approach leverages a translational foundation across our discovery and clinical programs. Sage selects compounds for development that have potent activity in pre-clinical models of brain function at the network level. It is important not only that our compounds are well understood, but that our patient populations are well defined.
We make data-driven decisions, even before moving into patients. So how do we do this?
- Insight from our translational experiments drives the design of deliberate, step-wise clinical trials in well-defined patient populations. Early clinical data also guide development of new investigational medications from a rich and growing library of proprietary compounds.
- We identify functional biomarkers early in the process that respond to target engagement, enabling us to design and execute small, targeted studies that inform our discovery and clinical programs.
- We assess brain biomarkers to further understand the biology of disease and the targets of our drugs.
- We are exploring genetic and biochemical criteria to potentially identify patient populations in the future.
- We translate insights between compounds and indications for better odds of success across the pipeline.